AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING
- The home has 4 air conditioning and heating systems
- Please use the systems only when all the windows and doors are closed and the house is occupied
- Please turn off the thermostats when windows and doors are open, or any time you leave the house
- It is best to maintain temperatures between 76-84F when cooling the house
- If the A/C is kept at lower temperatures, the equipment can freeze and stop working
MAIN LIVING AREA
One thermostat is located in the living room near the TV. It controls the temperature in the main living areas including the living, dining, kitchen, and entrance areas.
MASTER BEDROOM, BR 2, AND BR 3
Another thermostat is located in the Master bedroom and controls the Master BR along with BR 2 and BR 3.
MEDIA ROOM AND BEDROOM 4
These rooms have wall-mounted European-style systems that are virtually silent. They are operated by remote controls located in each room. To operate these remotes:
- Select “cool” or “heat”
- Press the yellow start/stop button (the screen will come on showing the temp, and time)
- Press the “set temp” button up or down to reach your desired temperature
- To change the settings, press the Master Control button repeatedly until you see "cool" or "heat"
- Press the "fan control" button repeatedly until you reach desired level of fan output
- Press the start/stop button again to turn the system off
Please see ARRIVAL INFO tab above.
- While drawer is open, press the power button on the front door panel
- Press the arrow button to select wash type (on the inside panel at top of door)
- Close the drawer and press the stop/ start button in the center of the front door panel
BAR FRIDGE AND ICE MAKER
Be sure to close doors firmly to avoid motor running and freezing.
The bidet remote control is mounted on the privacy door and easily accessed when the toilet door is closed. If you choose not to use the bidet function, there is no need to use the remote and you can flush the toilet normally.
PLEASE DO NOT LIGHT THE CANDLES! They are not real. Chargers and extra batteries for the electric candles are in the kitchen drawer to the left of the microwave.
The wall switch for the ceiling fans must be turned to the ON position before the fan remotes will work. The wall switches are labeled. The remotes also include a dimmer control to adjust the fan's lighting.
The dishwasher works best at normal wash setting, heated dry. Please put liquid gel or pellets in the larger “main wash” detergent bin and fill the Jet Dry rinse container (to minimize spotting on items due to Palm Springs “hard” water). NOTE PLASTIC IS NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.
The fridge has a water filter built into the outside door. If the “replace filter” light comes on, you can elect to use a replacement filter (located in the cabinet above the fridge).
WARNING: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Fireplace flames can blow out with wind from open doors, etc., yet gas will continue to flow, creating a risk of explosion, fire, injury, and death. If the flame goes out, you must turn off the gas ASAP. Remember to turn off gas completely and allow vapors to dissipate before trying to relight the fireplace.
TO TURN ON
- Locate a gas key stored in kitchen drawer nearest to fireplace
- Insert the gas key into the gas valve on the right side of the living room hearth
- Prepare to turn the key to the left
- Hold a long lighter on top of the fireplace lava rocks
- To avoid a big initial burst of flame (and possible injury) make sure the lighter is lit with one hand while you turn the key very slightly to the left with your other hand
- Adjust flames to a safe level using the key
TO TURN OFF
- Turn the gas key to the right
Fire extinguishers are located in the alarm panel closet just under the security alarm panel and in the garage near the entrance hall door.
FIRST AID KIT
A First Aid Kit is located in the hall closet (across from the alarm panel closet).
FLASHLIGHTS, FIREPLACE/FIRE PIT KEYS, AND LIGHTERS
Flashlights, fireplace/fire pit keys, and lighters are located in the kitchen drawer closest to the LR fireplace.
There are about a dozen board games for your use in the closet opposite the alarm panel closet.
Please use the brown bin for garbage and the blue bin for recycling. Garbage is collected every Monday morning. There is no need to pull bins to street. Please be sure to put all garbage in bins Sunday evening.
Hairdryers are located in each bathroom.
There are cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink and in the cabinets of each bathroom. The vacuum and brooms along with additional household supplies are located in the hall closets and in the garage (near garage door, as well as the closets to left of the washer/dryer).
IRON AND IRONING BOARD
There is an ironing board and iron in the hall closet (across from bedrooms 2 and 3).
Luggage racks are located in each bedroom closet. Additional racks are located in the garage.
OUTDOOR DISHES AND GLASSES
For your safety and to avoid risk of broken glass in the pool (and large hit to your security deposit), use only plastic outdoors. All plastic dishes and glasses are located in the bar cabinets. NOTE PLASTIC IS NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.
SHEETS AND TOWELS
Extra set of sheets and towels are in the closets of each bedroom.
WASHER AND DRYER
The washer and dryer are located in the garage. In order for the dryer to work properly and to avoid the risk of fire, please clean out the dryer lint filter after each use.